Wednesday, August 31, 2011

How to protect knee Joint Injury

It is your problem too" if I play continuously for 2-3 hours, the moment I stop playing and finish warm down, I can feel that the knee cap areas are hurting me ...
Besides that ... i also have some back pain lately which my doctor recommended me to stop playing badminton for some time ... apparently lower back pain can also lead weak knees ... how disastrous !"

Don't worry ,I have the solution for you,
DO proper warm -up before playing ,i have already written about warm -up.
-For those with weak/injured knees, it's best to exercise and strengthen the knee ligaments through dynamic and isometric exercises such as free squats (no weights) and wall-chair. Also try to avoid wearing knee braces while playing, they really weaken your knees in the long run even though they support your knees in the short term. If you can't move as fast due to knee pains, time to relax abit on the court, work in some light footwork drills and do more exercise on the knees.
-Don't run or play on hard surface like cemented court or running track.


Thanks
Pradeep Sheoran

No comments:

Post a Comment