Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Lee Chong Wei Getting Quit in 2012

According to media reports,World no. 1 Lee Chong Wei is planing to retire in 2012,Lee wants to win the olympics before he retire.He is on BWF ranking 1 since 2008 and wants to stay on top till he retire.

. "I am close to the end of my playing career and I don't want to have any regrets after I retire, like not winning a single major title despite being the world number-one," Lee was quoted as saying in the New Straits Times.

"I have another three chances to win the World badminton Championship but only one opportunity in the Olympic Games.

"This is why I have to be in my best form for the 2012 London Olympics. It will be my toughest challenge," said the player, who has won 24 career titles.

Lee will start to give coaching to young players and i think he will be the best coach ever made,


"I am so happy to be the icon to inspire many youngsters here. If I can succeed as a badminton player, they can too," he told the Star newspaper.

"I have sacrificed a lot but I do not plan to leave the (national) team in the lurch. I will encourage the back-up shuttlers," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment